Scruff's Scaffolding is the ninteenth episode of the first season.
|Season 1, Episode 19|
|Air date||January 15th, 2011|
|Buffer Bashing||Wilbert the Lumberjack|
The new bridge on The Little Western is almost complete. The foreman informs Duck that he and Arthur are too heavy to cross the bridge. Duck suggests the handcar, but the foreman says that it would be too heavy. Donald, Douglas and Oliver later heard an unfamiliar whistle. It was Scruff, the new shunting tank engine. Scruff was light enough to cross the bridge. Mavis later arrived with some stone. Scruff went to collect the breakdown crane, and the foreman tells Mavis that the bridge is strong enough to hold her up, so she rolls away. Suddenly, Scruff rolls by with the breakdown crane. The arm is incorrectly positioned, knocking Mavis off the rails. Oliver quickly took Mavis' cars away. Oliver pulled Mavis to an iron beam to move her wheels onto the rails, successfully.
- Donald and Douglas
- The Bridge Foreman
- The Washdown Worker
- Arthur (does not speak)
- S. C. Ruffey (does not speak, referred to as 'The Old Truck')
- Stanley (cameo)
- Den (cameo)
- Dart (cameo)
- Derek (cameo)
- Lady (cameo)
- Hank (cameo)
- Butch (cameo)
- Rickety (cameo)
- The Army Jeeps (cameo)
- The Grey Dirt Bike (cameo)
- Music from Thomas and the Magic Railroad is heard.
- Scenes from this episode are seen in Conspiracy Theory.
- Scruff does not actually have a back coupling, yet he is seen pulling trucks.
- At the washdown, the camera shakes.